Stovetop Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe
- (16 ounces) penne pasta -1 package
- ground beef- 1 pound
- butter, cubed- 1/4 cup
- all-purpose flour-1/2 cup
- milk-2 cups
- beef broth- 1-1/4 cups
- diced tomatoes, drained- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each)
- green onions, chopped- 4
- shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided- 3 cups
- grated Parmesan cheese, divided-2/3 cup
- Worcestershire sauce-1 tablespoon
- ground mustard- 3 teaspoons
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
In same pan, melt butter over low heat; stir in flour until smooth. Cook and stir until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes (do not burn). Gradually whisk in milk, broth, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
Stir in green onions, pasta and beef; heat through. Stir in half of the cheeses until melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, until melted.
Transfer them to a serving plate. Enjoy the delicious Stovetop Cheeseburger Pasta